zondag 28 augustus 2011

Developing C41

On request I will tell how I develop my color film. When you want to start with C41 process it helps to have a jobo color processor.

Van Automatisch uploaden

It will keep the water and chemicals at the right temperature. So you don't have to worry about that. You really need a roll of exposed color film and some chemicals. I have used the Tetenal 3 bath color kit. It has a color developer, a combined bleach and fix bath( blix) and stabilisor. I have also a color temperature meter. It can measure temperature up to 0,1 degrees celsius. With these materials you can develop C41. The tetenal kit comes with a good manual and is easy to follow. The first step is most critical when it comes to temperature. It has to take place within 0,5 degrees of the 38 degrees celsius. The other two steps are more tolerant. This is for the Tetenal kit. I don't know about the other developing brands. In this setting it takes less time to develop two rolls then with black and white. This is because you don't have to wash the film afterward. I have good very good results with it:

Van Darkroomninja

What I have heard is the a seperat fix bath and bleach bath is better for the archival properties. However if you plan to scan the film afterwards it shouldn't be a big issue.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten